University of Arizona, B.A.
Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
United States District Court for the District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit
- Spending time with family
Michael A. Weiner is a member of Bennett, Bricklin & Saltzburg LLC and is the managing attorney of the firm’s Pittsburgh office.
Michael’s practice focuses on defending insurance clients in first and third party matters under automobile, homeowners, business and commercial insurance policies. Additionally, Michael defends self-insured and uninsured clients in automobile, premises liability, assault, dram shop and business litigation. He has defended lawsuits in numerous federal and state courts including the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Michael is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association. He serves as an arbitrator in Pennsylvania’s Courts of Common Pleas arbitration program and also serves as a private arbitrator in civil litigation disputes. In 2010, and the years from 2013-2017 he was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® Rising Star[i] .
Recent representations include:
· Obtaining defense verdict in fire subrogation claim where apartment complex sought to be reimbursed for damages from a fire that occurred in client's unit.
· Securing defense verdict in claim of poor workmanship and faulty tires in an automobile claim.
· Obtaining summary judgment in a premises liability lawsuit against a casino.
· Third Circuit Court of Appeals affirming District Court grant of summary judgment where plaintiff fell 30 feet from a ladder and sustained serious injuries requiring numerous surgeries.
· Successfully disqualifying plaintiff's medical expert and thereafter obtaining summary judgment in a personal injury mold exposure case.
· Receiving of appellate court affirmation of summary judgment to landlord in dog bite case.
Syracuse University College of Law (Member of Law Review) J.D. 2004 with honors
University of Arizona (Business, 2001)
Bar Admissions and Memberships
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Supreme Court of New Jersey
United States District Court - Pennsylvania
United States District Court - New Jersey
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (Civil Defense and Young Lawyers Sections)
In his free time, Michael enjoys cooking, traveling, sports and spending quality time with his wife, Heather and their daughters, Hannah and Emily.
[i] The Super Lawyers® list is issued by Thomson Reuters under criteria applied by Super Lawyers®. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.