Full Time Desktop Support Technician - Philadelphia, PA
Bennett, Bricklin & Saltzburg LLC seeks a desktop support technician with 1+ years of help desk experience. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to advance professionally within a well-established company. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, employer matched 401(k) plan and life, short term and long term disability insurance.
• Field incoming support requests from end users via telephone, email and help desk system queue in a courteous and timely manner.
• Provide onsite and remote support to end-users for network, hardware and application issues.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests. Assist in performing regular server backups.
• Assist in ordering, maintaining, and controlling all IT inventory.
• Creating new user setup in Active Directory.
• Participate in identifying and researching firm hardware and software needs.
• Play an integral role in the successful implementation of firm IT initiatives.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Self-motivated and directed.
• Attention to detail and highly organized.
• Associate's degree or technical school diploma in Computer Science or related IT field and related IT work experience.
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC's, servers, storage, networking, etc.
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008-2012.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of best practices in regards to security.
• Ability to work well with a team.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
• Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 40+ pounds without assistance.
• Available for after-hours support as needed.
• Experience with mobile devices (android, iPhones, iPads, etc.) preferred
• Preferred certifications: A+, Network+, etc.)
• Microsoft Exchange experience a plus.
• Basic firewall/switch knowledge.
• Prior law firm experience a plus.
This position reports primarily to our Philadelphia location but may require occasional travel to other offices within Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested applicants should submit resume and letter of interest, including salary requirements to Lesa M. DeCarlo, Director of Administration at email@example.com.